Friday, December 9, 2022

Fun times














Harper’s birthday falls amid all the Christmas stuff.  As usual, we just decided to do something a little bit early.  I asked her what she wanted to do.   She said slumber party.  Easy enough.  Then she invited one friend over.   I asked her if she wanted more?  Nope.   I asked what she wanted to do while her friend was here. Nothing.   I asked a million questions and didn’t get an overwhelming sense of excitement from her for any of my suggestions.   So I did what I do.  I ordered pizza.  I bought the  junk food.  I drug out some crafts that I had intended to do with my RE kids, but they decided to not have class in December so they were just laying around here.   Now I am just watching some tv and letting them do their thing.  Kids are funny.  We have a house full of stuff to do.  They are sitting beside each other looking at their phones.   They are happy, not fighting, not complaining and giggling at stuff they are looking at.   Who am I to judge?   I love that Harper has a friend who likes her low key hanging at home personality.  

You know who doesn’t hang out at home?   This one.  He works a lot, and when he’s not at work, he hangs out with 3 kids.  John, Chayt and Liv.   They go out to dinner about 4 nights a week.  Does he bring me back anything?   No he doesn’t. Because he is a putz.  Just kidding.  I enjoy him.   He is fun to give crap to.  

I didn’t get any official birthday pictures of this kid, but today he did send me some photos from a recruitment photo shoot, so I am counting them as his birthday pictures.   And holy cow I am overwhelmed with a desire to enroll at LSU!  In all honesty, I feel a little envious of the green grass and leaves in the background.   


This girl makes me laugh every day.   Yesterday at lunch, she got very sad.  Then she said “I wanted to have a baby sister, but my dad doesn’t have a magic baby stick!”   We were having lunch with the mayor, and I thought he was going to choke to death on his lunch.  
Today, as we were eating, we were talking about her birthday party tomorrow.  I asked her if Poppy was invited.  She got the ornery grin and immediately said “yes Poppy, you are invited but there is no farting allowed!”  She is a hot mess.  I just love her.  

A saga of birds.  A few months ago, I rehomed my parrot. It was a hard decision for me, as I really liked him.   I decided I could have a different, quieter bird and I found Rico at the humane society.   Rico had a terrible accident involving our stupid cat.  I still do not know how he got out of the cage, but one night he flew across the room. Before I could stand up, the cat had him.   I was sick.  That left us with just Lisa, the yellow parakeet I bought to keep him company. For a few weeks, Lisa was living all alone, but I noticed she seemed lonely.  She was spending all her time looking at herself in the reflection in her food bowl.  She rarely sang anymore.   On a whim, I decided to get her a new friend.  This week, Saige and I stopped off and purchased this pretty little white headed blue boy.  We named him Lonnie.  Today, as I was cleaning the kitchen, I noticed they were sitting together and Lisa was singing again.  I’m hoping for no more bird tragedies.  


We have a busy weekend coming up, but my usual mantra of thankful for the weekend seems adequate for tonight’s theme.  

No comments:

Post a Comment