Monday, December 26, 2022

Enjoying time off






I had a few days off from working. It was a nice break.  Hard to believe it’s almost over!   I have enjoyed being home with the kids, and catching up with Cameron.  
We had a tragedy with the parakeets, and Jerry ended up killing both of them.  We do not know how he did it, but both were  in the cage with scratches and wing injuries.  Both died.  I was sad, but have decided that having birds is just not on the cards for me.  I threw out the parakeet food on the deck for the little birds outside.  It has brought a lot of joy to all of us as we sit in the dining room, so I am probably going to continue to do this.  At one point today we had about 20 little wrens, chickadees, a blue jay and some cardinals.   The kids were watching them with me, then accused me of officially getting old, as bird watching is an old lady hobby.  Whatever. 


Preston and Carlos have spent days sitting under his new electric blanket.  Preston got mad at me for saying Carlos had to go out for a potty break. They were napping after all!  

Cameron home =living room sparring.  For the record, Preston can’t beat him at this point in time.  Must spar before leaving on a sonic run.  Must spar before bed.  

During the sonic run, Quincy talked the boys into a Walmart stop.  She picked up some yarn and a crochet hook,  came back and asked me to show her how to crochet.  It took a little bit, but she’s about 5 rows into some sort of a beanie cap.  Or at least that is the plan.  It may become a pot holder - who knows. :) it is a good craft to know.   
I always wish breaks lasted longer, but this one has been pretty good.  The kids have another week off.  I can at least sleep a little later and leave for work in the daylight!   

No comments:

Post a Comment