Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry little






















We have had a really nice Christmas around here.  We attended evening mass, where the kids were squirrels so as a punishment, I forced them to pose for photos.  Father Jo told me my Christmas letter was too long….I told him I was just trying to keep up with his homilies. 
We headed home to eat fried Chicken made by Amy, and soup.   Mallory (and the doggos) spent the night. She helped me clean the kitchen and finish preparing for Christmas.   This is the first year we had nobody to hide the preparations from.  It was sort of nice.  The girls put out all the gifts, and helped stuff the stockings.   We had everything done by 10:00 pm.   I guess I am  officially out of the little kid business.   I should be sad about it, but I am enjoying this season of our lives. 

Everyone was up early, Colin and Spencer were here a little after 7.   Madison, Andrew and Evie were here shortly after that.  Motivation for posing for a group photo is opening gifts!   We missed Lauren, but certainly understand that she has limited time to spend with her family.   I was thrilled to have all of our kids home, and to hang out with Spencer (she has been busy with classes and we hadn’t seen her for a little bit).  


We were very blessed this year.  A couple of stand out things - Preston used his own money to buy the girls a VR headset.  They all had a lot of fun today fighting zombies, boxing and playing football.  It was entertaining to watch!  

Colin bought Preston a game where you hold onto these wands as you increase voltage and the game actually shocks you. The first person to let go loses.  I’m not sure that I will ever be brave enough to play, but it was hilarious to watch.   Andrew even played, even though he had already been shocked here recently.   

We were entertained by an amazing singer!  

We tried our hands (again) at making gingerbread houses.  Again, we are pretty terrible at this activity.  

We laughed alt GG smack talking the VR boxing game.  Had a nice dinner, and then everyone rushed off because they realized it was sleeting. This reminded me of the great Larry Lang and him always saying “nothing is over like Christmas!”   
It may be over, but I will hold this day in my heart forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment