Saturday, December 31, 2022

Out of town=project time












Last week, Jim decided he would really like to go see where Cameron and Lauren are living, and attend the Sugar Bowl, which KSU is playing in, and happens to be in NOLA, which happens to be about an hour from Cameron.   Since he could stay with Cameron and Lauren, it would be an inexpensive get away.  Saige and  Preston decided they both really wanted in on this action, and then they decided to see if Colin wanted them to swing by and pick him up (he did!).  They all took off this morning before the sun was up.  Saige kept me informed of their progress (and might have been tattling on her dad when he spent an ungodly amount of cash at the wall of beef jerky inside Bucee’s).   Now, I would love to go to see Cameron, but the trip they planned out includes 2 bowl games (stopping in Dallas on the way home), a basketball game, and a swamp tour.  I’m sure they will have fun, but if I’m making a 12 hour trip, ideally I would like to do some nerdier stuff. I opted to stay home, and with the opportunity to be home with Quincy and Harper to help, decided this would be the weekend to tackle a giant project that I have been putting off for over a year.  Painting the living room.  Mallory  even volunteered to help.  


The trip troop made it in about the same amount of time as it took us to finish the living room, and the kitchen, most of the dining room and 1 coat of the hallway.  Because if you’re going to bite off a huge, ridiculous project, you should go big right?  

The reason I’ve been putting the living room project off is the 16 foot vaulted ceilings.  I am a 5 foot tall woman who is scared of heights (or more accurately, scared of falling). Yesterday, as I was shopping with Grace, I decided to buy an extendable paint pole.  The pole cost more than a gallon of paint, but holy bat nuts it was worth every single penny!   I was able to reach the vaults, and I also painted the ceiling, all while standing flat on the floor!  

Mallory is a master of cutting in edges.  She saved us so much time -she cut all the trim, we followed behind with a couple rollers.  I did the high stuff, Harper did the low stuff.  Quincy got home  from work and helped with rolling too.  

We sent this picture to Preston, as he told me it was dumb to repaint a room the exact same color.  I explained it was nowhere near the same.    

I also wanted to do an accent photo wall, and wanted to pick an accent wall color.  Grace helped me pick this blue color.  I was a little worried when we started, thinking I might have gone a little wacky, but I absolutely love how it looks! 

The thing I hate most about painting, the need to move around all the stuff in the house.  It’s a mess in here!  Tomorrow we will put an additional coat in the hallway, finish above the stairs (has been the hardest part of this job), and clean up all the messes. I’m hoping to be done in time to celebrate New Year’s Eve with some of my people!  
Tonight, I am thankful that everyone made the Louisiana trip safely!  I am also thankful that my girls were such hard workers today!    

No comments:

Post a Comment