Thursday, December 22, 2022

Blizzard?







Second day of break- winter weather warning,, wind chill warning, blizzard advisory.  I told my maintenance man I was working from home.  I told him he could take the day off if he wanted.   I wasn’t leaving home.   As it turned out, we only got about an inch of snow.  What we did get was COLD!  I’m not sure how cold, but I believe I saw wind chill of -27.  Good day to not go out. The kids did a good job of keeping the chores done.  I spent the day in my happy place- cooking.  Cameron second guessed visiting in the winter time.  Luckily it is only supposed to last a couple of days before warming back up.  Still too early for this- makes me wonder what we are in for during the actual deep part of winter.   

Saige went out to feed her rabbits.  She came back in almost crying because her hands were so cold, even with gloves on.  She came back in with the bowl she set out to catch the snow though, wanting me to make snow ice cream.  I explained that when you are cold, normal people go for hot beverages.   She was sure she wanted the ice cream.  I made it, but rightly informed her she is crazy!   She then asked if she could go snowboarding.  Negative child.  

Lauren got to go to Florida to visit her mom for a few days.  I know she has not seen her mom for several months, and I am so happy she got to go!  She sent me a few photos from her trip and I must admit, I miss the sun, the warm weather and bright blue skies.   I am a small bit  jealous of the vitamin D she is getting!   Love you Lauren, bring us home some warm weather please!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment