Saturday, December 3, 2022

Gettin un-stoned





We are having a low-key weekend this week.  Yesterday, I had surgery to remove the stent and offending kidney stone.   It was a pretty easy procedure, and I was able to be home by mid-afternoon.   Aside from being tired and a little groggy, I am feeling good and super happy to have that little chapter of life closed.  I have to stay on antibiotics for a few more days, and then I’m good as new.  Honesty, for something so minor, it became sort of a major ordeal.  I’m thankful to come out on this side of the dirt.   Zero out of 5 stars. Do not recommend.   
I am thankful for my husband for helping out and being my chauffeur.   

Cameron thought he found some tickets to the big 12 championship game for this weekend.  He made arrangements for his old roommate to pick Preston up and take him down.  He had arranged to stay with a cousin of Lauren’s.  And then the tickets fell through, and they had to cancel.   Preston was a little sad.  Thursday night, at the time they were supposed to be driving to Texas, Preston came down with the stomach flu.   He still isn’t feeling the best.   I think it worked out good that he is home instead.   We are watching the game.  Not as fun as being there in person I’m sure!  

This week we also threw in a leaking water heater, crazy issues with the end of the water project at Jim’s work, a cortisone shot in Jim’s back,  completion of a rehab project at my work, and car shopping with Quincy.   I am thankful that we have a couple days of down time to reconnect with sanity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment