Thursday, December 21, 2023

Break








Harper's grade had their semester end reward day.  Harper qualified, but was not showing much enthusiasm for the trip to go skating.  She seemed to think they should have just given her an option to stay home.  She said she did skate a little bit, but I got this photo of her from my mom, who drove the bus, and it looks like she is being tortured.  :)  I love this girl.  She is my spirit animal.  Anyway, she didn't break anything, and survived the day, so she is now happy to officially be on break!  I think we were all more than ready for a few days off from the school stuff!  

Preston is home for a couple of weeks.  He was excited about helping me with some projects.  When I say this, I am not exaggerating.  He jumped right to work on the closet shelving I wanted. Made me some drawings that looked exactly like what I described to him, and then he made me a materials list, so Jim and I could run get him what he wanted.  He put this together yesterday while I was running errands.  It turned out great, and is exactly what I had in mind.  Today he is coming to my office to catch up a few months of filing for me.  Hey...its a win for both of us.  I can get my stuff done, and he can make a little money on his break.  I hate filing, it is one of those things that every time I get started, I get interrupted and it is just never finished.  I look forward to having the pile off my desk!  

When I got home, it was adorable how excited Preston was to show me his finished product.  He also had to show me that they were strong shelves - he climbed all over them and demonstrated that they could be used as a bed as well.  I doubt I will ever use them as a bed- in a few days time, I intend to have them filled with bags, shoes, and craft supplies!  The downfall is that I no longer have an excuse for being unorganized or having the walk-in closet where you cannot walk in!  Looking at these photos made me giggle - the hairy looking thing in the corner is the mannequin head that I used in hairdressing school.  Do I need it?  No!  But I spent so many hours with her that I just can't get rid of her!  Plus she makes a fun Halloween decoration.  Proof once again, that you just never know what you will find in my house.  



I am famous for making a ton of appointments when the kids have days off.  Poor Harper had to leave the house once again to go to the orthodontist.  I have to brag on this kid though.  Our orthodontist has a big open room, with the chairs lined up.  There is no privacy, and more than once I have heard him chewing kids out for not doing the steps he gave them, or for not brushing well enough.  Harper has followed his instructions to a T.  She has taken this very seriously, and is happy with the results so far.  She is getting pretty close to being done.  I think by summer, she should be finishing up.  She will have to wear a retainer at night for the rest of her life if she wants to maintain the placement, but she is willing to do that.  She is motivated and glad to have things in good shape.  I am proud of her.  
When we finished at her appointment, I drug her all over to finish my shopping.  She was full of suggestions, and we did indeed get it done.  Always a relief to be done with shopping!  A couple of times yesterday, I said I think it would be neat to get this or that.  She would say "now mom....would it actually be a good idea?"  I guess I need someone to rein me in. (Don't tell her dad).  I was grateful for her help, and opinions.  She is the most honest, real person!  
Saige cleaned up the house for me while we were gone.  It was nice to come home, knowing I was done shopping and the house was clean.  I am thankful for her help as well. Today, we will welcome Cameron home for a few days.  I am excited to see him.  I think this break is shaping up nicely!   

No comments:

Post a Comment