Saturday, December 2, 2023

Unbridled craziness







With the new furniture, I decided we also needed some light in the corner.  I have thought this for some time, but the sectional sofa didn’t give a lot of options for space.  I have a real problem with Menard’s.  I know it is weird because I literally hate big box stores, and huge places usually overwhelm me and make me run in horror.  But I love, love, love Menard’s.  They have EVERYTHING I have ever wanted there.  They have EVERYTHING I never knew I needed. And they run amazing sales and daily deals which I always find exciting.   It’s a weird obsession for me, and one that Jim seems to share as well.  Anyway back to my need for a table and lamp.  Menard’s was having an end table sale.  I found some I love for our bedroom for prices that I bet I couldn’t beat at garage sales, and one that was also under $20 for the living room.  Jim agreed it was a great idea, and we ordered them.   Then we went in search of a table lamp.  I hate lamps - they always remind me of a grandma house decoration.  They are ugly, or weird shaped, or did I mention ugly?   Anyway as we were looking, Jim ran across this elephant lamp.  I told him for some reason it screamed his dad’s name to me.  He said that he agreed, it looked like a Ken special.  I loved it immediately.  Jim quickly decided it was the only lamp we both liked, and it was only available online, so he ordered that as well.  It came this week.  Jim took it out of the box, realized it needed assembly, and set it aside for later.  He threw the box away.   Later, we went to assemble it and realized his tail is broken.  I was sort of sad, but without the box, I don’t think we can send it back, so I am going to glue it.  I am also going to retouch some of the paint because the paint job is messy and bothersome. I still absolutely love this!   I am excited to get it on the table we got. Unfortunately, when we went to pick up the tables last night, they were not delivered as we were told. They should be in later next week.   
I was sad about the tables, but I was showing Jim the daily special was some Barbie size princess dolls for $3.99.  I thought we should get them for Evie for Christmas.  That lead to buying a few other things I needed, and hitting up a few sales!   Cameron got a light-up beanie hat from Lauren’s mom.  I’m pretty sure he thought it was cool because he likes strange things.  I immediately thought how great it would be on the dark mornings when the girls and I are fumbling around doing chores at 5:45 before the sun comes up!  Menard’s had them on sale!   I loaded the cart up!  Jim might have questioned my sanity, but the girls were so excited!  They are afraid of reaching into a feed bag and finding a possum!   This will be so much more convenient than holding cell phone flashlights!   And hey- we like stylin while we chore!  

At first glance this week, I didn’t think we had much going on.  I’ve been doing this for how long?  I know I shouldn’t even have those thoughts.  We threw in mud, crappy weather, work drama, a band concert I didn’t know about, a confirmation guest speaker that the girls had to go to Baldwin to listen to, and to put a cherry on top, I got called in for random drug  testing on the same day as I had to go get my DOT physical.  I mean, who doesn’t want to pee in a cup twice in the same day?  Honesty, I get called so many times a year, if they have test day and I don’t get called I sort of feel left out.  I tried to explain to my boss if you always call the same driver, it isn’t random.  He laughed and told me to be at the nurse’s office at 8 anyway.  I also undertook a fairly large project at my day job and managed to get it finished, which was a big relief.  I feel like I earned every single minute of downtime I am getting on this Saturday!   Of course, when I say downtime, what I mean is time at home to clean, catch up laundry and cook for the masses.   At least working at home can be done in my pj’s!  

I think my desire to get organized and sorted is rubbing off on this guy.  He seems excited about my plans for some upcoming projects.  I found out yesterday I am getting a Christmas bonus, so now my Christmas break plans are definitely happening.  I hope Preston and Cameron come home for break with an  excitement for shelf building!   

No comments:

Post a Comment