Wednesday, December 27, 2023

The day after








For Christmas this year, I asked Jim for a bedroom makeover.  When we bought this house 10 years ago, one of the first things I said was “omg the master bedroom is the ugliest color I’ve ever seen….we must fix that!”   Yea, we have lived here almost 10 years and it is still the same hideous shade of electric blue.  I’ll post before and after photos when I am ready to start painting.  For today, I wanted to utilize the closet shelving Preston built.  I had a whole day off.  The weather was crap, so no real chance of me wanting to go anywhere.   I started in early.  I organized all of my crafting supplies, completely cleaned and organized the closet, and purged some old clothes.  I recognize that I am a hoarder when it comes to craft supplies, but I don’t want to seek help, because I finally reached peak levels of glitter possession , and I don’t want to risk losing it all now.  Besides, I managed to organize it all into nice bags that are all labeled and fit into some bins I had.  
Our room is a catch all.  Don’t know where something goes?  Just dump in in our room.   I wanted that fixed.  It meant digging through a whole lotta stuff that I had put in there meaning well, and either forgot, or have not gotten around to doing anything with.  Some of the stuff, I am 10000% sure someone broke in and left here.  A whole bag of raffia?   I sure have no idea where that came from.  I do remember that I had a stack of photos I need to buy frames for, including this one!  

Today, I learned that in addition to being a craft supply hoarder, I may also have attention deficit.  I got a lot done, but I also got side tracked about 50,000 times.  I did not get finished in there.  Unfortunately, I have to return to work tomorrow.  I’ll make time in the next couple of days to finish. It’s closer!   I have a lot of projects planned in there, and am motivated by the idea that I want to get it done when I have time off from the bus (because the bus dissects my day pretty severely).  Also, I am somewhat limited these days on how long I can sit on the floor without feeling like I will need to call an ambulance.  I do my best organizing when sitting on the floor!   

I gave up for the day, and spent a little time coloring with Saige and her new markers,  Quincy had to work. Preston and Cameron went to the bar where she works to watch some bowl games. That left Jim and I home with these two. They decided today was gingerbread house building day.  Only problem was apparently, the kit I got had been dropped and some of the pieces were broken.  We failed once again, it’s an annual tradition.  They still had fun, and they still ate it when they were done messing around! Life needs more days like this one.  Unfortunately, reality calls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment