Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Saige’s turn
















Tonight was Saige’s band concert.  Like a lot of nights, we had a very time sensitive, and extremely laid out plan for getting everyone where they needed to be.  We got off the bus, slam dunked chores, I was cooking dinner while Saige  got ready. Everything was going according to plan but then the phone rang.  It was Madison. She was crying and screaming.  Evelyn was crying and hysterical, and the baby was crying.  The dogs were barking and it sounded Ike absolute chaos.  I finally extracted that the dog was having a seizure, but I couldn’t get Madison to answer any of my questions.  I told her I would be there in 15.   I yelled at the girls - for Saige to get into the car, and for Harper to finish cooking dinner.  Since we were going where Saige needed to be, taking her seemed logical, but I was also supposed to stop for Jim and Mallory on my way.  I called Jim and he told me he would take care of that part of things.  By the time I got to Madison’s, the dog was ok. I did what I know to do for him- electrolytes and peanut butter.  I sincerely hope he will be ok!  

We went on to the concert.  Saige’s band sounded pretty good.  Especially if you stop to consider that they have only been playing for a little over a year.  I enjoyed listening to them.  

I believe the fan club was also glad to listen to some band music!  



Saige is in a bit of a rough group of kids in her grade.  There is a lot of drama, a lot of inappropriate behavior, and a lot of kids with behavioral issues.  I am proud of her for working hard and trying to do what is right.   

No comments:

Post a Comment