Thursday, December 14, 2023

Final Confirmation















Harper and Saige  made their Confirmations this evening.  Mallory was Harper's sponsor,and  Quincy was  Saige’s.  They have worked hard, and I am very proud of them.  (And thank you to Mallory  and Quincy).   

They didn’t allow photos during the ceremony, but they did have a photographer, so I will have to post those at a later time.  Archbishop Nauman has confirmed all 8 of our children.  


Father Jo is one of my favorites.  He has been great to our family.  I will always appreciate his willingness to make Confirmation easy.  Or at least easy-ish.  
The mass was long.  The little girls did a great job of sitting!   Evelyn was so good she got 2 pieces of cake. 

I don’t know if this makes me a bad person or not, but to me, this night was an ending.   And not an ending that I feel sad about.  It was the end of the sacraments that I am responsible for in our children. It also means the end of our Religious Education classes.  Not that you ever stop learning, but at least the  ending of the formal, weekly commitment classes.   I have overseen 8 baptisms, 8 first reconciliations, 8 First Holy Communions, and this is the last of 8 Confirmations.   It is the culmination of 23 years of classes, 20 years of teaching, and 32 sacramental preparations.   I am proud of this, and see it as an accomplishment.  I am also more than ready to close the book on this chapter.   The next steps the kids take in their faith journeys will be up to them.  They can choose for themselves if they want the sacrament of marriage, of anointing of the sick, they can make the decision to make holy orders, but all of those things aren’t up to me.  I do hope they will continue to grow in their faith, and that the foundation is there for them to lean on in times of hardship, to rejoice with in times of happiness, and to continue a lifelong love of  Jesus.   

No comments:

Post a Comment