Saturday, December 9, 2023

Good times



















We have had an amazing weekend so far.  We went to Wichita.  We went to the rehearsal dinner for Stanley and Julia’s wedding.  I took a few pictures of the church where they were married. Church if the Magdalene.  It is an enormous church with giant beams and rock pillars and perhaps the strangest crucifix I have ever seen.  It is probably 8-10 feet tall.  If you can’t see what I found strange about it, maybe scroll in on Jesus’ hands.  Or maybe I am easily amused.  To my untrained eye, it looks like one side is making a gun and one side was giving a thumbs up.  I’m sure that wasn’t intentional but I found it a tiny bit amusing.  So I guess when we have the penance service I shall be in line, although I’m not sure I’m sorry….I would guess that the God who created me has a strong sense of humor.  

Mallory rode down with us, and we all crashed at Colin and Spencer’s house.  We had so much fun visiting with them, playing with the pups, and maybe…..perhaps we stopped to look at some puppies.  It would have been a nice Christmas gift for someone but we channeled in our compulsive dog buying ideas.  

Every time is see Grace, I swear we should take a picture together and we never do it.  Today, we were matchy so it was a good day to not forget! Thirty-two years of friendship, pointing out that we have known each other longer than either of us have known our respective husbands, and I absolutely love my Grace!  She is an amazing example of God’s love and her commitment to living a good life is inspiring.  I’m so thankful for our friendship.  

The wedding was beautiful.  The dinner and reception were fun, and Jim and I neither one fell down or did anything embarrassing when we brought up the offertory. My Godson and his bride looked incredibly happy!   I hope they have a long and happy life together!  


Non-wedding related side note.  Last year, I thought we needed a new, bigger Christmas tree.  After the holidays, I looked for one on sale.  I found several, but I fell in love with this pink tree.  It had white lights and silver decorations. It was so beautiful.  When I showed it to Jim, he wasn’t really overjoyed about it.  I think he was worried I would grow tired of the pink after a year or 2.   He was probably not wrong, but I still really loved it.  I ended up buying nothing.  Today, while shopping with Spencer and Mallory, I was telling them about my pink tree and how pretty I thought it was.  We happened to run into a craft store (the one I usually don’t shop at because of their stance on a few political issues).  Spencer pointed out this little pink tree.  Additionally, they had tiny little silver decorations to put on it. I found a small strand of tiny white lights.  It was all 50% off.  So yes, I walked out of there with all the stuff to make my pink tree a tiny little reality. And honesty, I think I love the tiny tree more than I would have liked a big one.  It is perfect on my kitchen counter. I’d still like to get a new, bigger tree, but that can wait for the after Christmas sales!  

No comments:

Post a Comment