Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Colin!


Today my big guy turns 11! I can't believe he is this old already! He is such a joy to our family! Colin wanted a new bike for his birthday. We were happy to get him one, as he is a kid who truly uses a bike, and his old bike has been broken for a couple of months now. He has been riding Mallory's bike, but that comes with lots of strings attached (you can ride my bike if you bring me some gum from the store, or you can ride my bike if you wash it when you are done). We took him with us so he could pick out exactly what he wanted, and I am very happy that we did, because what he picked is not what we would have gotten! I especially was suprised by the color that he chose!
And now, because I have been married to Jim for so long, I have to add this sappy part. Colin, we are very proud of you! You are a true blessing to our family, and we thank God every day for entrusting us to raise you! Because of you, we now understand wrestling rules, we know more about fishing, pig raising, dancing altar boys, dirt, diving board tricks, laughter and love.
And because I am still me, I have to add this little story from last night. We had 3 ballgames in 3 locations, all at the same time. My mom took Colin to Eskridge for his game there. When she brought him home she tells us that Colin played a really good game, and that there was a pretty cute girl who was the outfield umpire. When the game was over, Colin's team was all lined up talking and this umpire walks by. Colin looks right at her and says "Call Me" - which made everyone there crack up! What a nut!
Happy Birthday big guy! We all love ya!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Colin! It was on my calendar and so I said a pray for you today! I hope you have many many many many many more!!

    ReplyDelete