Sunday, June 14, 2009

Laid back and enjoying life!

We are having the first pretty laid back weekend in a long time. We actually had NOTHING on our calendar to do today! It was shocking to see that blank hole staring at me when I looked at the date! Colin had a friend spend the night, we went to clean the pigs, and we spent the bulk of the afternoon swimming at the pool. Jim is once again helping build the soccer field at the city park, and it looks like the dump truck is not sinking this week, so that is wonderful progress! Jim and his friend Jon have really worked very hard on the park expansion project. The park is turning out beautiful, and I am fairly proud of the work that he has put in over there! When he finishes over there, I have some big plans for him in landscaping a new yard, and the kids are still wanting to work on that tree house! We want to keep him busy so he stays out of trouble.

Colin is attending a wrestling camp this week in Burlington. The high school coach is driving them down, so I am happy that we don't have to make that journey every day! He is looking forward to it. The camp is only in the morning, so it won't affect his baseball schedule. He is still planning to wrestle in the Sunflower State Games in July.

We are feeling good that for the first time in the 2 years and 11 months since Quincy came home from the hospital, she is sleeping through the night! The bad news is that #7 and my bladder are mortal enemies, so I am not sleeping through the night!

I was feeling very "Martha Stuart-y" yesterday and Mallory and I made sub sandwich rolls. The kids really had a great time making their own 'Five Dollar Foot longs' - I couldn't believe how much they enjoyed it! The recipe was really easy, and I think it might be a good selection for the county fair. Today we are making home made lasagne. I am enjoying having the time to cook something fun and good. I hope you are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment