Sunday, June 21, 2009

weekend recap

Amazingly, the only ball game we had going this weekend was for this kid.

Even though they don't keep score in t-ball, I tried to convince my cousin Melissa that our team beat her son's team and that the losers had to buy the winners a steak dinner. She didn't buy it!

As for the bedroom painting, well it is going SLOWLY. I have finished part of it. A normal person would realize that if you mom got a huge bucket of paint, she painted one bedroom with it, and then your sister took it and painted 2 bedrooms with it, and then the paint became yours and you already used it to paint your bathroom, you are going to run out of paint before you get your bedroom done. Of course, I never said I was a normal thinking person!! So I am running very low on paint. I have a couple of options as I see it...I can test that hardware store who claims to be able to match any color on earth. OR I can mix some paints together from previous jobs and come up with a muted color for an "accent wall" which I keep seeing on those design shows on DYI network! I would prefer the accent wall...seems more adventurous and fun, but I am guessing that my husband is not going to go for that idea!

Speaking of husbands, Happy Father's day to all! I think ours was ok - we accomplished a lot of laundry folding and putting away, and some painting. Nice to be home for sure!

Colin is camping out at the lake with friends. He was looking very forward to the trip. He was only a little upset with me when I told him he could not under any circumstances swim in the lake without a life jacket. He was convinced he would not drown because he is a fabulous swimmer. Luckily, all the other boys who were camping were wearing life jackets, so it was an easy fight!

And now for my exciting Sunday story. I am sitting in church this morning, when I realize that the shirt I have on has a rather large hole right in the boob area. Now how did I manage to get out the door and not realize this? OK so I can fold the shirt over and maybe nobody would notice? Except that this morning I was the Eucharistic minister. So yep, I had to stand in front of everyone and hand out the Eucharist with a hole in my chest. I am all class! Hopefully the people were so focused on the real reason we go to mass, and didn't notice my insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment