Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun in the sun




We are truly enjoying the heat now! The sun has finally decided to shine, the pool(s) are warming up nicely, and we had no games tonight, so we spent the entire afternoon at the city pool. We then went out to grandma's to take care of the pigs, and we ended up in her pool as well. Until today, Preston has been pretty terrified of grandma's "deep water pool" but today, he decided he can swim well enough especially if he stayed by the ladder, to get in. I think maybe the sitting out in the hot, hot sun might have helped convince him! I gave up on swimming lessons quite a few years back. I have seen that if you take your kids and put them in the water consistently, they will learn to swim. Preston's swimming has really taken off this week.
I am liking having an evening away from the ball park. I am trying to get my laundry caught up (again) and starting to get my bedroom ready to paint. The painting is a project I started a while back, and never finished. I have to get it done, its starting to really bother me!
Colin is busy making plans for his birthday next week. He wants to have a back yard camp out. That sounds easy enough. The big kicker is how many kids to let him invite. He tends to be friends with every kid in town...he is my "Mr. Social Pants" I swear that there is not a kid around who he doesn't know and like! I suppose that is a good thing, until it is time to try to narrow down a list! AAAAH the drama of turning 11! Of course, when he was born 11 years ago, I remember thinking how nice it would be to have a summer birthday. That could mean endless possibilities with swimming parties, back yard cookouts, and parties in the park. Little did I know that when he got a little older simply finding time to fit in a party among the endless summer activities would be next to impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment