Thursday, June 11, 2009


This week the kids 4-H club played bingo with the residents at the nursing home. After playing, the nursing home fed the 4-Hers dinner. Our 4-Hers have been assigned pen pals. They write letters back and forth, and then when we visit the nursing home the kids get to play and eat dinner with their assigned pal. It was a very nice afternoon, and since it has been raining and 58 degrees my kids didn't mind spending the afternoon this way! I am proud of the way my kids jump right in and visit, play and wait on their pals! I know that when I was a kid the nursing home was a little bit intimidating, but my kiddos don't seem to feel that way! I think that the kids and the residents all enjoyed the day!
This week has also been busy with Colin in beginning band during the morning, and he is doing football camp for the 5th and 6th grade team in the evening. He enjoys this, but I admit I am happy that it is only for one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment