Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend again







It has been a very fun, but exhausting weekend! We started out the weekend with a backyard camp-out for Colin's birthday. So what do 11 year old boys do at a backyard camp out? Well, they eat, they game, and they eat some more. And they remind Jim and I that we are much too old to stay up until 3 am! What do they not do? Why sleep in the tents that we put up in the back yard of course! They decided it was too hot, and the temptation of playing video games all night was too high!

Yesterday was my grandma's annual 4th of July family reunion and party. We had a great time shooting off fireworks and getting caught up with the cousins from everywhere! We had a huge turn out and I think that we all enjoyed ourselves. Luckily, we attended mass with grandma last night, so sleeping in this morning was possible! But being the bad mom that I am, I forgot my camera, so I have no photos to share!
Today we are doing a bit of catching up, a few household projects that have been needing attention, and cleaning out a pig pen. And most importantly, we are getting the boys packed up to leave for Rock Springs 4-H camp. They are really excited about it! I hope that the county pays for having the air conditioning on this year! It sure has been hot! I have to confess that I am looking forward to having a small break from the ball park this week! Of course, we will still have the girls and Preston to attend games for, but still the number of nights is significantly decreased!!

No comments:

Post a Comment