Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ears and spring snakes



Today was Quincy's appointment with the Ear Nose and Throat doctor. We have used this doctor in the past, and I really do like him! He walked us through her history, and examined her ears today, and they have significant fluid behind the eardrum (I guess this is a bad thing?). We have decided to go ahead with getting tubes and she is going to have her adenoids out at the same time. I do not like putting my children through surgery, and especially if its not absolutely necessary, however in this case we think that the benefits far outweigh the consequences of not doing this little surgical procedure. So she will have all this done in mid-April. They said to expect for her to feel a little under the weather for about 2 days. That doesn't sound too awful!


The appointment with Quincy ran a little bit long, and we weren't here when the boys got home from school. I truly trust them to come home from school, fix themselves a snack, do their homework etc. They called to say that they made it home and were playing in the yard. They then proceeded to tell us that they caught a new "pet" snake. I like snakes and lizards and don't mind them bringing one home now and then....usually we try to figure out what type it is, show it to the neighbor who is housebound and enjoys seeing them, and then turn them loose. And since I have been craving spring like mad, I was even quite happy with the find, figuring if you find a snake, the weather really must be turning warmer! I was not quite as pleased to find out from Colin later in the evening that he had saved the snake mostly because it bit him on the leg and he was worried it might be poisonous! Well, at least if it had been poison we could tell the ER what type of snake it was!! We will watch for infection, but I don't really think this little guy is going to kill him! I do think he was probably mad because Colin and Cam interrupted his first meal of the spring though! He has been safely released into the field behind the house now! Grace put some nice cardinal photos on her blog to show spring - well we just aren't that nice around here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment