Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sad Loss and Spring Pigs

We got some sad news this afternoon that my mom's uncle "Slug" passed away. There just aren't many guys like Uncle Slug around....he was a great guy with a quirky sense of humor. Since he and Aunt Geraldine do their laundry at least once a week in the laundromat next door to my office, Preston and Quincy see them all the time, and they are pretty sad. They have had a ton of questions too, as this is the first real loss that they have known in their little lives. We will all really miss Slug, until we meet again someday.



We also made a trip to our pig raising friend's house this evening to look over the choices for 4-H hogs. The kids really had a great time looking at all the babies. They really are cute although I never in a million years thought that I would be one to admit to liking pigs....what have you done to me Grace???




Madison is in love with these little Durocs. They are sweet with their little flopping ears! I think she will be getting one, however I am worried that when it is time to sell she will be too attached. It might be better to buy an uglier pig!


And just a small update - the grill worked great. Cam had a wonderful time cooking on it, and I must say he is turning into a fine grilling chef! Notice the marshmallow? That is the best part of open fire as far as he is concerned!
Jim returns tomorrow from his training classes. I really miss him, and can't wait for him to get home. The kids feel the same. Life is better when we are together!

No comments:

Post a Comment