Saturday, March 20, 2010

And Wrestling finale


Colin wrestled in the District Tournament today. The top 4 places got to go to the state tournament. He was really wanting and hoping to make it, but unfortunately he had a tough day on the mats and is now finished with the season.
I have learned so much about wrestling in the past 3 years, and I have to say the thing that stands out to me is that this is just not a sport for wimps (or wimpy mothers). He works very hard, in practice, and in tournaments. We are very proud of you Colin - and we know you will get there someday and it will be so sweet when you do!
Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the tournament today. We got about 6 inches of snow and since we had to be there early we were sure that the roads would not be in good condition. It made us nervous to have to drag the little ones out on bad roads etc. so I stayed home. Jim texted me the results as they happened, but it is not the same. (Although I did really appreciate it).
Some of the kids' other activities have been cancelled for today, so we are just planning to cheer on the Cats and take it easy for the afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment