Thursday, June 10, 2010

Possible sources of my insanity

I picked up Colin and Cameron from 4-H camp yesterday. Cameron met me at the van. I asked him about camp and was told "it was decent" - ooookkkk. So I asked him if his 4-H leader/counselor was still talking to us - he responded with "he only got mad one time, and that was when we all wrecked our canoe."

About then along comes Colin - same question - how was camp? He tells me - it was great until breakfast and now I have a terrible stomach ache. So I said what did they feed you? He proceeds to tell me that he had a coffee with 6 cherry creamers and a half a shaker of salt mixed in it. WHY? WHY did you drink that? Well because they paid me $4! - OF COURSE why didn't I think of that? He then tells me that I should be proud of him because he still had a lot of money left - he spent other people's money - they were paying him to eat crickets, grasshoppers and crawdads - so he hardly had to touch the money I gave him and he got to eat lots of food from the concession stand. GREAT! So happy about your frugality! He also made a leather stamped bracelet for his girlfriend - then tells me that he sure hopes he spelled her name right....aaaah young love!! He was a lot more verbal about his camping than Cam was - he swam in the creek....big highlight. He did not enjoy the horseback riding - those horses are stupid - they dont' buck or spook and they just plod along at a plain old walk. He forgot to take his medication so he had to walk clear across the camp in a big rainstorm to the nurse - sorry all my clothes are wet and smell really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment