Saturday, June 12, 2010

stormy weather


Quincy was supposed to have a t-ball game this morning. When I got up, the sky looked pretty dark, so I turned on the news. I went out to cook breakfast and heard her screaming "NO DON"T SAY THAT--I have a game" in the most hateful voice - thinking she was talking to Preston I went in to find that she was in front of the tv - all by herself. She was talking to the poor weatherman - actually screaming at him because he dared to forecast rain!
Needless to say she was less than happy when they postponed her game until 1pm, and then was really ticked when they postponed it indefinitely. It sweetened the blow when Preston's and Colin's games got cancelled too! With all the time freed up by not sitting around at the ballpark, one would think that I got a ton of stuff done around the house, but I just didn't. I relished a day to play with Harper, and hang out with the family. Jim and I did a massive amount of grocery shopping - by ourselves! We watched a couple of movies in our PJ's. It was nice! Of course, any time you postpone 3 games it is always in the back of my head that I will pay for this in the future when they are all rescheduled on days when we are busy doing something else! But for today....bliss!
Mallory and Madison got accepted into the 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus program. This means that they will start fundraising for a trip to Washington DC - which they will take in the summer of 2012. They are pretty excited and we are pretty proud of them! I attended this program and it was an awesome experience! We have a lot of work ahead, but it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment