Sunday, June 27, 2010

Party and Pigs












This afternoon Jim took Colin and Cam and 4 of Colin's best buddies to Topeka to the go-cart races for Colin's birthday. They also ate at Hooters. This is one of those times that I thank the good Lord for Jim, who was not bothered in the least by taking 6 tween-aged boys and letting them be boys. I think that they all had fun (including the big one). Colin even got a shirt signed by a bunch of Hooter's girls - including one who wrote "call me" on the shirt-- much to his dismay when he called the number, he got Hooter's restuarant! AS IF! I am glad he had a good birthday party! I am equally glad I didn't have to endure it!
I haven't posted any pig photos in a while. They are growing rapidly! The Hamp is a huge mess! He is ornery, always spilling his feed, or knocking someone over and he loves to jump on Frank, which makes Frank squeal this awful noise -- Zebra the Hamp is definitely not the most favored pig of the bunch.
We had a good weekend. Grandma came through her surgery and seems to be doing ok for now. We feel blessed that she has come this far! We are now gearing up for the week ahead and getting excited for some relaxation and family time next weekend. I am a bit concerned about the 4th of July this year, Harper does not seem to enjoy the neighborhood fireworks, so I am not sure how she will feel about going to a family party or the city's display. It could be a really sad couple of events for her!



No comments:

Post a Comment