Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tryin'



This is Quincy and her "man" - he went home from preschool and told his momma that they were getting married. She said YOU ARE? And he reported that Quincy told him that he WOULD marry her. There you have it!


Sunday, when we were getting ready for church I dressed Harper in a little dress....Quincy threw a fit - she wanted a 'beeeaautiful dress' too - just so the world knows it - sometimes she is clean!

I was trying to be prepared today - trying hard to get everyone where they needed to be. We had 3 ballgames scheduled all at different times in different locations, and the girls had their first meeting for the Washington trip. I got everything ready for Quincy's game and dropped her off with my mom, who had graciously agreed to take her for me. I then flew home, cooked dinner, and got everyone else's ball uniforms found. Just about then a huge storm blew in. We had a ton of rain on already saturated soil and I saw water flowing in places I had no idea water could flow! Needless to say, the games were cancelled and I had to go pick up Quincy - who was not amused by another one of her games being postponed! Guess we will try again tomorrow night! It worked out well because it meant we didn't have to hurry away from the girl's meeting. We learned a lot about their trip to DC - and we are starting to fund raise right now....so hopefully we can get most of it paid for. Of course, about 2 weeks ago I had a conversation with my mom - I told her that we had to put the pigs on diets because I had absolutely NO time to go to the Osage City fair. Now, it turns out that the girls CWF group will be working the concession stand. Each kid going had to pick 4 shifts - we did manage to get both girls on the same shifts, but still that means 8 hours at the Osage fair! So much for having no time to go there! Oh well, we still don't have time to go and stay with pigs since that is wrestling camp week and Colin is wanting to wrestle at the Sunflower State games that weekend. I guess we will just fly in and out for their shifts! Luckily, Jim has accumulated some more vacation time and is willing to take at least one day off that week to help me get everyone where they need to be! I don't know what I would do without his help! This is the first time I have wished that Madison had a regular drivers license instead of a learner's permit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment