Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good and bad


This weekend has been good and bad. The good part was that Uncle Jay and his new woman came to visit us. We really like Angela, and are excited for him! Of course, it is always a good time when Uncle Jay comes up! And we managed to get some good photos of Harper with her Godfather this time too! It was great to visit - and the kids certainly like knowing that there is someone in the world who can handle their manners (or lack thereof)!!


My grandma (mom's mom) is in the hospital. She has a very large and difficult to operate on aneurysm which she may be choosing to not receive treatment for. While I am saddened at the thought of losing her, I have spent this day remembering all the fun we had at her house as kids. She had these great big bean bag chairs that we used to slide down the stairs into....then we would leave and inevitably she would end up falling down the stairs because we made the carpet slick from our sliding. She is also responsible for my love of fresh berries and melons, as well as taking me for my first swimming lessons. Most likely I will try to make a trip to Wichita on Monday.
Quincy played t-ball this morning. She fell down while running to first base. I could see that there was going to be tears, so I just yelled "hey great slide" at her. She jumped up, turned to her coach and said "did you see me swide?" it was great! We spent an hour and a half at the pool this evening, and when we got home she was a big old grouch! She dumped her dinner on the floor (on purpose) and got in trouble, took a bath and has been asleep on the couch since 6:45. I sure hope that this doesn't mean that she will be up at 5 or some other ungodly hour! Not much planned for Jim for Father's day. He is one who really enjoys staying home, having a steak and watching baseball on TV, so that is what he is getting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment