Monday, March 21, 2011

beehive


Cameron's mentor came by tonight to begin the process of getting the beehive together. Cam said that once he saw the process, it wasn't hard at all. He has a couple more boxes to put together on it. He was very excited!



I am very glad that the mentor knew what he was doing, because to me it looked like a box of sticks! Cam will have to paint the outside of the hive and place it before the bees arrive around the middle of April.

Solo!

Stacy perfecting her 'play dead' look!
We got a lot accomplished today, which is good! All 4 girls needed shots, so we had a notsomuch fun trip to the doctor's office. Quincy got her kindergarten shots, she laughed through all 4 shots! The nurse said they had never seen that before! Madison was not laughing - she has a fear of needles and she whimpered and cried like a baby! Harper had to have blood drawn, she did not cry with that, but was very unamused with the shot nurse!
My cousin, sister, neighbor and I have started a walking group. We are the "fair weather walkers." The first week was a giant flop, as it either rained or we had junk going on that interfered with our time. So we walked tonight. It is so much more fun to walk with people you can visit with! We walked a while and then I had to quit to go to Library board. It felt good to be out there!
Actually, the walking was much better than the library board meeting. It was a work session. It was planning for the future. To me this is very hard....to try to project what we will be needing space wise, book wise, technology wise 10 and 20 years down the road...I am sure my mind is not large enough to grasp what is coming! I am convinced that DVDs, CDs, Books on tape, and most paper books will probably be a thing of the past. I see the way my kids just download the stuff they want off the computer - they do NOT even own any CD's - and I have to believe that there will be an improvement to the DVD - those things scratch/get ruined so easily! To me, it is just hard to predict, and with a huge donation to the library, a lot is riding on making the right choices.
Which is why I am so looking forward to getting away for a few days! Tomorrow is my 'Friday"!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment