Thursday, March 31, 2011

A whole lotta weird


This week has been one to try to forget! We were home for exactly one day, and then Jim left for Wichita for training. Jim was gone for one day when Harper had a febrile seizure and even though I knew what was going on, and even what was causing it, we could not get it under control and I had to call 9-1-1. Now, for anyone living in a small town, you know that calling 9-1-1 is truly a last resort. Not to say that you don't get some of the greatest, fastest care in the world because you do, but it opens a whole other ball of worms. For example precisely 8 seconds after dialing the phone, you are on every prayer chain for all the churches in town. Prayer chains are awesome - except that my ability to go out in public quickly has now been compromised as everyone in town knows that Harper is sick, and even people I don't know stop me to ask how she is doing. Small town life! Harper has an ear infection. The infection caused the fever, the fever caused the seizure. The ambulance ride was nauseating, but I am thankful that our little pumpkin is going to be fine! She is on more antibiotics and is almost back to her sassy old self. I am also thankful that grandma was willing to drive to Topeka in the middle of the night to pick us up and take us to Walgreens for an amazing freak show while we waited on her antibiotics!


The girls were supposed to play their first softball game this evening, but it got cancelled due to cold/rain. They now have to play tomorrow evening instead. Colin's track practice got cancelled as well. That worked out ok though, as Jim came home today and we had all missed him, so it gave us a chance to catch up! I also made an important discovery today - Velveeta's new Queso Blanco. Truly a life changing invention!


I enjoyed our vacation last week, but I think it truly is exhausting to come home - as we have been swamped with trying to catch up. It has been a very long week and I am more than a little happy to see the weekend on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment