Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday with the most 'stuff''





We started out our Saturday bright at early at Regional 4-H club day. Mallory, Madison and Cameron danced. Colin had district wrestling, so he did not dance this time. They did a really, really great job! I am telling you that the dance they did this time had a lot to it, and they did amazing! I do not know how they placed though, because we had to 'dance and run.'
My mom's parents celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary today! My mom took all 4 girls plus Preston to El Dorado for the party. I wish I could have been there, but we had other obligations today. The girls told me all about it, and Madison took a bunch of great photos! They also told me that despite a little fit throwing by Quincy in the car on the way down, it was a very nice day!


Colin had a pretty good day on the mats. He went 2-2 and got 5th place, which is awesome for District wrestling. Unfortunately, they only take the top 4 to state next weekend, so he is the first alternate. I drove over and got to see one of his matches, but forgot my camera in the car, so I had to use his cell phone and it is not the greatest piece of photography equipment! I am so proud of Colin. I have watched him grow so much, have so much determination and learn a tremendous amount about the sport. He really is a great wrestler! I know he is disappointed in not making state, but the upside is that we are planning to go on vacation next week - so now he doesn't have to make a choice between wrestling state or going on vacation! The one match that I saw was so stinking exciting...I yelled and yelled like a freak (like one of those wrestling moms). He did win when I was watching!



I did not stay for much of Colin's tournament because Cameron had a Beginning Beekeeper's meeting. Luckily, his meeting was in Overland Park and Colin was wrestling in Olathe, so I was able to go to both! I did enjoy the beekeeper's meeting. It was really interesting. I have no idea what we have gotten into with this 4-H project, but I am very proud of Cam for being brave enough to try something new! He got his hive, gloves, smoker, and met his mentor today. (We do know his mentor - he lives right outside of town here). He was told his bees would arrive around April 15, so we have to assemble his hive, paint it and place it before then. He learned a ton about bee care, honey extraction, smoking bees, cleaning hives and more! I also have to say that there were 5 kids given this opportunity from across the state. They pulled the scholarship recipients up in front of the group - which was about 200 people I would guess. They were supposed to say their name, where they were from, and who their mentor is. Cam was the ONLY one who spoke up and was clear! They then had the scholarship kids pass out the door prizes. Cam had a little too much fun doing that - he had everyone laughing. I am not sure that a career in theater is not in his future?
We were supposed to attend a Bingo night for the 4-H livestock auction tonight, but we just didn't get home in time. I am going to say that this was an extreme case of having too many things on the calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment