Monday, July 9, 2012

Sheepsitters

 We watched a farm over the weekend for some people who raise sheep.  They went to a very big show in Iowa.  Quincy had the most amazing time!  She loved the sheep.  For the record, I do not so much!  Quincy made herself at home, loving on on their animals, and this prompted a discussion on when our house will sell.  Real estate is really, really hard to understand when you are 5!  It is even harder when you are really wanting to be a farm girl!
 Although we were primarily watching sheep, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for a Holstein!  They had a couple of 4-H bucket calves too!  We managed to keep everything alive and watered despite the hot, hot weather!


And just in case you were wondering, sheep, cattle, dogs, and farm life kind of wigs out Harper!  She wanted to go with us to feed the sheep.....until we got there and they started making noise!  She does not understand the concept of fencing.  She kept yelling "they are gonna get me" -- !!!  Next time I say we are going to feed sheep, I bet she elects to stay home with daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment