Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Fair thoughts

The county fair starts tomorrow. There was once a time when we had all the older kids in 4-H and they needed my help, the younger ones in diapers needing attention, and the level of crazy the day before a fair was over the top. Today, as I looked around, I saw Madison very competently helping the kids bake amazing creations, no crying or stress in the kitchen. Preston clipped his own goat, helped Harper with hers, and then we worked on the others together. Quietly, with no stress. We loaded and drove chickens into the fair grounds to save time tomorrow and Quincy took care of almost all of the work. She did the work for her little sisters as well. I left to go to my township meeting this evening feeling abundantly blessed and excited to make memories with the kids! The best memories are county fair memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment