Monday, October 30, 2017

24th anniversary 


Twenty-four years ago I married my best friend.  On that day, I never gave any thought to what would happen when our anniversary fell the day before Halloween.  Every year seems to turn from anniversary stuff into a baking, carving, costume readying marathon of crazy.  Luckily I love chaos and Jim is a good sport.  
The kids and I had a great time carving and baking today!  Preston's left handed skills are coming along nicely!  Or not.

Cameron made up a mess of seasoning and the seed roasting turned out really good.  We will never be able to recreate it however, because he is not exactly sure what he put on there.  

We finished costumes today too.  Mallory's tutu was a source of grand amusement.

Not the best tasting cookies ever made here at our casa, but these finger cookies that are stuffed with raspberry jelly and a pretzel are pretty gruesome.  Should be a hit among 6th graders!

I am very blessed to have a husband who doesn't mind putting off our anniversary dinner for the sake of the kids Halloween needs.  I think he is pretty good like that.  I think we will be sad someday when the kids are grown and we can celebrate our anniversary on the actual date!  

No comments:

Post a Comment