Sunday, October 8, 2017

Kaw Valley Farm Tour 

The little girls and I took in some of the farms on the Kaw Valley Farm tour today.   We love this event!   The girls love the alpacas the best!  They are soft and super cute! 

A highlight for me was the tour of the Scottish Highlander's Farm in Auburn.  I drive by this farm a lot, as we have several watershed lakes in the area.  I really liked having a reason to stop and get a close up look at these extremely cute cows!   We also tasted a 100% Scottish Highlander hotdog.   It was really good.  The people claim the highlander beef is 97% lean.  

I think the highlight for the girls was the Equine Rescue Farm.   They enjoyed petting the mini horses, and the 2 blind horses.  They also got to watch Duni the painting horse.  It was such a fun day!   I feel like if you have a chance to learn about agriculture, you should.   I love the farm tour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment