Monday, September 16, 2019

Fishing Derby and another parade

Saturday was the annual fishing derby at Overbrook.  I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into this event.  I know Jim works year round getting donations and prizes for the kids.  It is an amazing event.  That being said, my 2 youngest daughters are not fishermen.  They have zero patience, they have zero interest in standing still, and they spend the whole time whining about not catching fish (which is next to impossible since their lines are on the land).  Jim loves fishing, and so does Andrew, so they were making an honest effort to help them, but seriously, it is just not the girl's favorite activity.  



We took Landrie with us.  Quincy and Landrie like fishing and they did have some fun.  Landrie even won a trophy for most fish caught in their age group!


Evie grew tired of fishing, and her parents decided to take her home!  She caught zero fish.

Saige caught 1!

Harper gave up!  

Quincy and Landrie both caught several of these little things. 


They ended up slipping a fish onto Harper's line when she wasn't looking.  It was the first time in 2 hours she was happy.  Next year, I think she should stay home! 

Harper did enjoy the door prizes!  Afterwards, Harper and Saige spent the night with Mallory.  They loved that!

After I dropped off the girls, I took Preston to Carbondale where the band marched in the Fun Fest parade.  I personally think they should re-evaluate the name of this event, but whatever.  At least it didn't take very long.  Preston then went with me and helped me get all the wedding food purchased.  Saturday was an exceptionally long day!



I did love seeing these photos of Colin and Spencer at some concert they attended.  I had to save them!  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment