Monday, September 23, 2019

Super photo heavy wedding post (Madison's weddin')

This weekend was Madison and Andrew's wedding.  We had a lot of fun getting everything set up and ready!  My sister and I were talking about the hundreds of times we have set up the Coffman Building at the fair grounds and it has never been quite as pretty before!  :)  



We had a ton of help with both setting up and cleaning up.  I am very thankful to my family for all their work!  I am sure we could not have done it without them!

The absolute only detail that Andrew requested was a beer canoe.  I told him I didn't want to buy a canoe for a wedding, but that I would make him a beer boat instead!  He was good with it - because after all the boat holds way more beer than the canoe anyway!  :)  Colin was kind enough to let us borrow his boat.  He even power washed the dirt out first!

I enjoyed getting all my girls ready for the wedding.  It was nice to have a little time together before things went crazy!  


Jim loaned Madison the necklace his grandpa made.  Something old and something borrowed.  

My girls were pretty little flower girl/baby wagon pullers!  Harper's dress did not survive the evening, so I am glad I got some pictures early on!  :) 


I absolutely adore my "new" son and grandkid.  Life is good about giving us the stuff we need.  Even if we didn't know we needed it!  






I thought Cameron did a very nice job as the minister.  He always takes his tasks very seriously!

I got a kick out of them deciding to take the wedding party photos at the lake and loading everyone in the back of the truck, like the true rednecks that they are.  :)  

Madison decided to scrap the traditional wedding cake idea, and went with a cookie bar instead.  Her mother in law did make some cupcakes, but other than that Madison made all the cookies and set this up herself.  I loved it!  Truly a labor of love for her! 

Madison and Andrew scrapped a lot of the traditional wedding stuff.  No flower throwing, no cake smashing but I think it was an amazingly fun evening!  I am so proud of them and of all that they are working towards.  


They did not skip the first dance - and I am really glad.  I love the smiles!  



Stolen from my sister in law's facebook page (thanks Pam!)   I wonder if it is even possible to get a photo where all of us look "normal"?   


I might have stolen a couple of these other photos too.  
I had a great time planning this wedding, and I am very happy that everything worked out well.  I can't wait to do it all again....7 more times!   I hope I get a little break first though!  


No comments:

Post a Comment