Monday, September 9, 2019

playing catch up

We have been caught up in the coming and going that always happens when school starts back up.  The house is chaotic, and with all the running in and out to the next activity, the housework had taken a back seat.  Looking ahead at the next couple of weeks, things look crazier than ever, so I proclaimed this weekend was catch up weekend.  The kids grumbled, and the husband had a look of dread, but I will say they all rose to the occasion, and we accomplished a lot!  I am now catching up the blog, and a few other minor emails, and I will feel totally accomplished!  :)  Ok maybe not TOTALLY but closer than I have been for a while!  
Quincy's football team had their first official league game on Thursday evening.  They won, and they played really amazingly!  Quincy plays special teams mostly, but she did get in quite a bit this time as left guard.  She was excited about it.  She amazes me- no fear in that kid at all.  

I know my photography isn't the most amazing, but Quincy is number 62 in blue.  :)  




In addition to a lengthy list of projects, we also spent some much needed time at home as a family.  We lost our PJ last week, who was a pretty loved member of the family to Harper, who loved the bearded dragon.  She has set her sights on being friends with a grumpy old parrot who is slowly coming around to having a bunch of kids playing with him.  Honestly, Frankie may be the coolest animal I have ever been around.  He knows so much stuff and responds correctly!  We all just love him!


Aunt Mall was out to take some pictures!  Harper took these on my phone while Mallory was working with Evie!  They are frame worthy!  After the wedding, I have a couple projects planned and these will be perfect!



We have found that our children are incredibly motivated by fire, and s'mores.  Jim loves having them help in exchange for cooking over the fire!  Of course, when Jim builds a fire, it takes a while for it to burn down enough for cooking!  My husband the pyro!  After stuffing ourselves, we enjoyed family game night compliments of Andrew.  Perhaps the most exciting thing of all was Andrew and Jim getting my dishwasher installed and running!  Happy day!  




My weekend list was long, and included a couple of things that I have been meaning to do.  One was the shirt thing.  I didn't lose the shirts, but just hadn't taken the time to dig them out of the closet and get the photos taken.  It is still the first month of school....close enough I guess!  Saige was happier about participating than someone else was!  :)  


This is meeting week.  I always sort of dread it because the other stuff doesn't stop, so it makes for a week of insanity.  It will end fine, but I am glad we took the time to get started off right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment