Friday, March 11, 2022

Coming and going to LA





Cameron has spent the last couple of days in Baton Rouge interviewing for a job and checking out Louisiana state.   I’m not sure what he will choose, or where he will end up, but the photos of green grass and flowers did not help my spring fever at all.  He also sent me photos of the campus tiger, Mike.   Seems like an odd thing for a university to own, but what do I know about it?  He is currently flying home from there. Leaving just before Preston and Quincy take the state by storm on their spring break band trip.  

I spent my afternoon helping the band director get ready for the trip.  My job?  Help a handful of band boosters go through all the kids suitcases. Our mission?  Look for drugs, alcohol, vapes or other contraband items.  What did I find?  A weird Halloween mask, and a piercing gun with enough piercing studs to pierce the entire band. I was told neither of those items were prohibited, so I just repacked it and quietly went to the next bag.  After we get done, they bring in the drug dog.   He smells around and then the gym is locked.  Then we bring the kids in and the dog searches their carry on overnight bags, and their instrument cases.   It is an organized chaos that seems like it will never end.  We did get everything packed up under the buses and they left only 40 minutes later than what was on their trip itinerary.  Not too bad considering the band  director is not real good with time management. He knows this too….he tells us constantly that is why he has a band booster board - to keep him on task.  
I told the kids I wanted pictures.  Preston told me I had to hurry up.   Quincy and Landrie gave me a couple more seconds.   

I hope they have a great time.  There is a whole lot of my life wrapped up in these buses.  Not just my kids, but Time, energy, fundraising woes, meetings, possibly even some sweat and tears.   My prayer is that they are all safe, and have a trip that forms memories that last a lifetime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment