Thursday, March 24, 2022

the week after








Lauren's birthday is on Saint Patrick's day.  She mentioned going to the parade in KC.  I love Lauren, but I hate crowds!   I had to pass.  I am not clear on if she went to the parade or not, but she did send me these cute photos of her, her mom and Cameron.  Speaking of Cameron, he has officially accepted a job at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.  He will be moving sometime over the summer.  I am so excited for, and proud of him!  He and Lauren are now in the process of working out the details. They are exercising their adulting skills currently!  :)   I might add that at this point in our lives, we are watching these adult children of ours, and are super pleased with what we are seeing.  They are making smart life decisions, and have chosen significant others who are loving, amazing people.  We love having Lauren, Spencer and Andew as our bonus kids.  It is fun to see them building their lives and rocking adulthood!  That being said, I am a little sad about Cameron going out of state, but I know he is taking advantage of an amazing opportunity, and it will definitely give me a reason to visit some places I have on my list!  I just hope his life path brings him back closer to home some day!  

The week after a break is always a little bit of an adjustment.  I have been absolutely dragging.  The kids and Jim are not better.  The weather has not helped.  Days of gray, rain, mud and muck.  I know we need the moisture, but we need some sunshine between storms!  Evie has been begging for me to take her down to the barn to play with the pony and the baby goat, but it is so muddy, I just haven't done it.  She has kept me entertained by being her ornery self.  She wanted me to give her some carrots with her lunch.  She is crazy about carrots.  I didn't have any raw carrots, but I opened a can for her.  She took one bite and told me that those are not the good kind!  She then said "Grammy why did you buy those yucky carrots?  Nobody likes those!"  I am 100% sure that her mother brought them to my house.  

Our spring schedule is not as crazy as our winter one was.  Nobody is currently playing any sports.  We are gearing up for summer.  We got our tiller fixed, ordered chickens, have been hunting for a few more goats, filled our summer ball forms, made plans for buying some fruit trees, and started the hunt for deals on pool chemicals.  I am looking forward to the projects that we have planned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment