Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Wednesday ashes


Ash Wednesday.  A certain high school daughter showed up to mass in a dress.  She cleans up good, but her desire to let me take photos of this event hasn’t changed at all.  I love these girls, even when their photo posing skills need improvement.   

The beginning of lent.  We talked about how it is meant to be a season to make changes in your life.  Some people give up things, particularly if they have a bad habit.  Some people resolve to do good works.  The kids all had their own ideas and goals. This year, I am working on thankfulness.  Our lives are very blessed, and I sometimes forget to be grateful for it.  Today, I thank Jim for working with me to make dreams come true.  We have been together now for 30 years.  In that time we have set goals, had visions of what we wanted, and worked together  to make it happen.  I would not be able to do it without his love and support.   I am thankful for the life we have built.  It isn’t about never failing, or having every single thing go right, just about never giving up and continuing to dream and work together.  

Evie loves the pony and baby goat!   She wasn’t feeling real good today, but still wanted to see her friends!   

Cameron is in DC for a couple days of student government conferences.  He sent me some amazing pictures including the Washington monument coming out of his head, and him squashing it.   He also texted to tell me that he paid $7 for a bagel and was not happy about blowing his food budget.  I’m hoping he is having fun.  








https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1co_Q2jkBi0K6PtAEH0urH3pN7PvLZwTK
Colin is in Topeka this week for apprentice school.  He stopped by this evening to go fishing with Preston and had dinner with us.   It was nice to see him for a little while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment