Saturday, March 26, 2022

How to waste a Saturday









I got up relatively early.  Not because I had to, but because I am old now, and either my bladder or my hips wake me up and don’t allow for me to comfortably lay around in bed.  Such is life I guess.  Instead of being productive, I hung around chatting with Jim, making breakfast, and made sure that Preston and Quincy got off to work on time.  I do not consider hanging with my family as a waste of time though!    
Jim had to go in to the office.  I went to the goat auction that our local sale barn holds once a month.  I have sold goats at this auction before, but this was my first time buying there.  I only mention this because they knew who I was, gave me a lifetime number, called me by name, didn’t make me show my driver’s license, and I have no clue who I was talking to.   I hate that so much!  Anyway, goat prices are very high right now.  I am really wishing we hadn’t sold all of our does!  I watched them sell hundreds of young goats today.  Jim gave me the checkbook, his blessing and well wishes, as well as a price limit. (He knows how to kill my auction happy bidding arm).  Let’s just say that I didn’t exactly get what I went in there for.  We needed 4.  I got 2.  I could have gotten more if I had limitless money!   I have found some goats and spoken for them online, and I intend to get them, but they are in Larned, which is quite a drive.  I was really wanting to have a few spares, just in case one gets sick, or they don’t grow well.  We shall see.  There is still some time left.  Although the prices were high and they were not selling things I was all that interested in, I truly love auctions and found myself sitting and watching the whole thing.  Was it a waste of time?  Yes!  Did I enjoy it immensely?  Also yes!   The girls were very happy with my purchases.  

Saige and her photo shoots crack me up.  She constantly takes 20-30 photos in my phone.  Sometimes they are pretty good!   I am usually impressed with her creativity.  

Although I spent the whole day sitting around at the auction, I came home, made dinner and we watched basketball.  Why?  Because if you’ve already wasted the afternoon, you might as well waste the evening as well, right?   

No comments:

Post a Comment