Monday, March 28, 2022

Record setter?







Saige was supposed to be eating dinner. Instead, I found her on the computer.  She was reading up on some world records.  She didn’t like the dinner I cooked (lasagna) and was thinking maybe she could set a record for consecutive days of not eating dinner.   I nixed that idea.  That went downhill quickly into longest time of staying underwater, longest time without drinking, longest time to sit without moving.   I suggested she maybe find a record to break that wasn’t detrimental to her health.  Push up record?   Sure!   Except she can only do 2 pushups.  I suggested perhaps she practice.  I am apparently very dumb.  She quickly dismissed my idea of building strength and practicing, and moved on to how many socks can I put on my foot in 30 seconds?   Record is apparently 30….which seems easy but according to Saige it is most definitely not!  After 100 attempts, I refused to set any more timers and sent her to the shower.  

When we came home for lunch, Evie and I walked down to check on the new goats.  I was noticing that Tiny Juan is now almost as big as his mom! He grew up fast!  The new goats seem to be getting along well, and although I questioned whether they needed to be put on a bottle, they seem to be eating well, don’t appear to be hungry, and I saw them both drinking water.   Evie had fun chasing them around, but couldn’t get close enough to pet them.  They are pretty untamed at this point!  She was calling them my wild goats!   

This morning, my early pick up wasn’t riding the bus, giving me a few luxurious extra minutes at home.   Mornings around here are absolutely crazy, although we have all gotten used to the routine and we make it work.  Since I was here, the girls wanted to take a picture together.  Boomer obviously didn’t think this was necessary!   

We were thinking that Jim would be gone this week for training.  I am very happy that the plans changed and he is home.  I know he would have had fun with Colin and Spencer, but my life is easier if he is around.  Today, we have Quincy’s car in the shop, Preston is currently getting a starter so he can replace the one in his car this evening. the kids had to use my Nissan to get to school and work, and Jim attended parent teacher conferences since I was carless!  Needless to say, it is good that I drive a bus so I can get to my other job!   Here’s hoping that everything gets fixed up very soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment