Sunday, March 6, 2022

Goodbye weekend you’ll be missed






We were supposed to have a crazy Sunday.  I was planning to attend an auction with a friend - looking for project goats.  She had to cancel.  I was going to go anyway. Except I waited up for Quincy really late last night, and it was cold. And a million other excuses I told myself until I talked myself into staying home.  
The girls did attend their goat/sheep project meeting.  They had a clinic on vaccination and castrations.  The girls loved seeing all the lambs.    This evening, Preston and Quincy were supposed  to have a meeting for their CWF group to finish planning their trip.  The weather really went down the toilet in a hurry, with ice, thunder snow and sleet. I had decided it wasn’t worth the risk, right as they changed it to a zoom meeting.  I feel a little bit bad for this group.  First, they have a couple kids (including Preston) who raised funds to go in 2020.  That trip had been planned and paid for when it was cancelled due to Covid.  They let those kids roll into the next trip.  This group - to travel in 2022 is not being threatened by Covid shutdowns, however the price of everything is a lot more expensive than 2 years ago.  Other groups have spent 2 extra days and traveled to NY.  This group cannot because in New York, they require vaccines to get into places and half these kids are not vaccinated.  This was a very sore spot with Preston, however I cannot force people to vaccinate their children.   They opted instead to stay for their extra 2 days in DC and try to find some fun stuff to do.  Kayaking on the Potomac was mentioned.  To me, not as cool as touring NY, but still something that I’d say not many people from here have done.  I’m sure they will end up having a fantastic time.  Fingers crossed anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment