Thursday, March 10, 2022

Wth


Yesterday at my office, Evie asked me multiple times if she could have some more of my broccoli.  I told her multiple times if I had broccoli I would share, but I do not have any.  When we came home for lunch, she ripped my refrigerator open, grabbed a Brussels sprout, took a giant bite and said “yea you do have some broccoli!”  Well alrighty then.  I usually cook the Brussels sprouts, but you do you kid.    





This one works hard.  Tonight I got a text from a friend saying she was server of the month.  I’m sure that isn’t a thing, but I am proud of her.   She has learned a lot working in there, including picking up quite a bit of Spanish.  
She and Preston leave Friday with the band.  They are going to New Orleans.  I am actually quite jealous, as NOLA is on a list of places I want to visit, but Jim isn’t necessarily excited about.  Sometime, I will go with a friend.  I want to do the voodoo tours, the cemetery tours, the ghost tours.  Jim hates that sort of thing.   The trip sounds amazing.  And although I am happy they are getting to go, I can’t help but flash back to the last band trip.  You know, spring break 2020 where I loaded my son on a bus to Florida.  By the time the week was over, Covid was a thing, the world was shutting down, I was in a panic because Florida was a hot spot, and I couldn’t get Preston home soon enough.  Luckily, it worked out ok.  The last 2 years have been a mess though.  At this time, our part of the country has largely written off all Covid protocol.   Tonight, our school district lifted the last of the mandates, which was masking on school buses.  I am not an anti-mask person, but because the kids haven’t had to wear masks at school, forcing them to wear them on the bus has been a living nightmare.   I am happy to have one less thing to nag on them about.   I was also thinking, in the last 2 years, I have gotten 9 new students on my bus route.  I have never really seen their faces.  An odd thing to think about since I see them every single day.   
Also on my list of things to worry about, Cameron is supposed  to go to Baton Rouge this weekend for yet another interview.  He called me to see what he should do since his flight out is tomorrow morning and we are in a winter storm warning.   I told him to either go to the airport tonight and get one of those close hotel rooms, or to take out and drive but go south and out of the path of the storm tonight.   He hasn’t let me know what he is doing.  I was thinking I had taken care of everything so nobody would have to go out tomorrow.  Wrong again.  I just pray he has a safe trip.  (edited to add Cameron made it to the airport safely).  
Spring break starts Friday.  We were already given a snow day for tomorrow.  The kids were super exited about an extra day on their break.  I always hate when the weather warms up and then backslides back to winter.  I’ve lived here my entire life. One would think I would expect this in March!   Oh well, we will have a fun day, and since we are home, the band kids have an extra day to pack!  Bonus!  

No comments:

Post a Comment