Sunday, March 13, 2022

Weekend….please don’t leave!










From the travelers - Quincy is super impressed with the St. Louis basilica, saying it was beautiful and she wishes she could attend mass there.   She wasn’t as impressed with the jazz museum or Jackson Square, where the jazz band performed for a little while.  They also took a master class at Loyola, but I heard nothing about that from either of them.  She also reports that they saw no ghosts on the ghost tour.  
Preston has said very little. He sent me zero pictures.   He did say that the jazz museum was boring to him, and that although he can recognize the amazing talent of the musicians there, he didn’t enjoy the performance.   He said nothing else at all.   At least I know he’s still alive.  

From the homestead - Jim and Andrew got the mower running. It even cut some of the long grass in the side yard.   They were excited about finally seeing it work!   Evie had a great time riding with her daddy.  Thanks to Andrew for all the help. And also to Preston who got the ball rolling!   We got this mower last fall for free.  I think we have around $100 in parts in it, so if we can mow this summer with it, I’ll be super happy.   I also had a call from our neighbor, volunteering himself to fix my tiller.  We hauled it right up there.  I hope he can figure it out!  

The girls and I were also successful in finding 4 project goats.  They are staying with their mommas for a couple more weeks, but they are so stinking cute!   We will have to do a little traveling to get them, but not too far.   The price 
Was too good to worry about the drive.   
I’d still like to buy a “spare” because sometimes stuff happens. I have a lead but will need to see if I can work the details out.  
I wish the weekend wasn’t over.  I was enjoying myself!   We have a lot of appointments and stuff to do this week, but it will definitely be fun too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment