Thursday, March 31, 2022

Dippy week











It has been quite a week so far.   We have had 3/4 of the vehicles down.  Jim’s truck wasn’t exactly down, but several weeks ago there was an unfortunate accident where it was backed into a bus.  To protect the identity of the backer, let’s just call him Creston.  Creston was trying to help Jim with a project and says he didn't see the bus.  The bus was not hurt, but the truck was pretty bent up.  We had made plans for good old Jagger to straighten it back up and fix the tail gate, and the appointment was this week.  Quincy’s car then needed a new axle.  And Preston’s starter went out.  Running a house with multiple kids having after school jobs and activities and parents who have jobs, with one vehicle has been interesting at best.  We did it though.  Last night, Preston put a new starter in his car.  He did the work himself and finished about 20 minutes before a huge storm blew in. Andrew called to offer his help.  I cannot tell you how proud I am of Preston for fixing his own junk, and how much I appreciate how Andrew has melded into our family.  Knowing what’s going on, being willing to help, rescuing kids when we were at work and needed his help.  He is a great addition to our family.    
I’m not sure if it is appropriate or not, but we have 5 RE classes left before summer break- is counting down and being happy about seeing the end wrong?   Although I don’t mind teaching, and the girls never mind going, my creativity is lacking, and I feel like the break is necessary.  Life is also a little crazy in the bus department.   Spring is always busy with spring ball, track and field trips.  Unfortunately, we have 3 drivers out. I foresee a lot of driving to places to watch other people’s kids play.  My own kids aren’t participating in spring sports.  I think when summer break officially arrives we will all be ready for it.   Now if we can just get the weather on board with the seasonal changes, I would be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment