Saturday, March 12, 2022

A whole lotta randomness










Miss Evie was a flower girl today.  Let me tell you, she has been all kinds of excited about this.  She told me at least 20 times she got a “nice new dress.”   She looked amazingly beautiful and grown up.   Good job Evie!  We are proud of you!  


Jim had a meeting this morning.  We decided that Harper, Saige and I would run a couple of errands and then meet Jim for lunch.  We ended up going into the Mainstreet Bargain store that My friend April runs (her sons are also friends with Preston).  Now I like this little store, but I rarely make time to go there and I hadn’t ever taken the kids in.   Saige and Harper are now addicted.   It is a pallet store.  They buy pallets of stuff in bulk.  You never know what they will have.  The prices are pretty discounted though. And they sell pies and cheesecakes as well.   Today, we got a new sweater for Carlos, a new blender, (because Quincy blew mine up during the pandemic lockdown), and some junk that nobody needs except Saige!   Oh and some cell phone chargers because ours seem to disappear at an absolutely insane rate  around here. Anyway I’m not sure we will need to go back anytime soon, but if I do, the girls will jump in the car I think!   

This afternoon, Saige played in the snow and was excited because she learned to ride the snow board.   I feel like Jim’s dad was around us this afternoon. That snowboard was something that he gave to the boys a few years ago when we visited him in his pawn shop.   I teased him that he was going to be the one to sit in the ER with them.  
A little while later, Jim stepped out to take care of something and the possum was back, drinking from a puddle on the driveway.  We have seen him around here a lot lately.  He comes up to eat the dog food, and the dogs do absolutely nothing about it!   I know it’s the same possum each time because the end of his tail is missing.  I have just started calling him Renaldo and shrug my shoulders at the weirdness of a ‘pet’ possum.  All of which reminded me of when the kids were small.  We were visiting Jim’s parents at the farm in Horton one Saturday.  Ken wanted us to stay until dark so he could show the kids his “pets.”   Around dusk, he went out and sprinkled a good 10 pounds of dog food on his driveway.  Sure enough, as it got dark, there were about 15 raccoons, a fox and a possum that came to eat.   I laughed when the girls told him that those were most definitely not pets!  Anyhow, in honor of Jim’s dad, we are letting this one eat some dog food.  If he tells all of his friends, we may have words though.  I must be getting old and soft.  There was a day when I would have offed this guy.  Or more accurately, made Jim or Colin off him.  

And from the band travelers, I have this- from Quincy a few photos of some gators she saw on the swamp tour, a photo of a plantation, and a story of impulsively buying 11 breakfast burritos to share with Landrie and having an upset stomach as a result.  

Thankfully, I have a couple of friends on this trip as sponsors, so I snagged a photo of their actual faces (Quincy’s at least).  

And from Preston- a picture of himself before they arrived looking like he did not sleep on the bus as the director planned for them to.  A photo of a muffler shop, and a crazy story about buying beads from a guy in the French Quarter and then being told by some locals that because he let the guy put the beads on him he was now under a voodoo curse.  (Well that’s just great kid -  I know nothing about how to lift voodoo curses).  

How’s that for an all over the place blog post?  

No comments:

Post a Comment