Sunday, February 27, 2022

Sunday







Sunday is my fav.  Today, after church, I rallied all the kids and asked them for a couple hours of their time to get the house cleaned up, the shed cleaned up, and get some stuff that was everywhere put away.  They all rose to the occasion, and we accomplished a lot.  Quincy and Saige completely cleaned out the feed shed, and Quincy decided that she would clean out the pen with the pony and donkey.  Somehow during her cleaning, they escaped.  Now, as things go, these animals are new here, are skittish, and honesty, they have not been worked with much I don’t think.  I know enough about horses to know that you cannot drive or chase them, you have to lure them.  Except these two jerks ran to the road, so I did use my car to push them back onto our property.  We then utilized a bucket, which they would follow all the way to the gate, and then turn tail and run.  Ornery jerks!   We finally realized that they are highly excited by some apple alfalfa treats that the previous owners gave us.  Quincy was able to coax them in.  It is funny seeing them run and then stop to roll in the dust despite our best efforts to get them in their pen!   Evie loves Coco, the pony, but Kipper nips and she doesn’t like him at all!   She absolutely loves the goats though!  
This evening Colin was able to join us for Sunday dinner. He is in training this week in Topeka.   I was happy to see him.  Spencer got a new job (in the same company) and starts that tomorrow.  I can’t wait to hear about it.   It was a nice evening with some of the kids.  We even cooked out on the grill.  I sure do hope this warmer weather is here to stay now, I don’t wanna go back to winter!  Cameron was home for about an hour on Friday evening.  It was a good weekend to catch up with our adult kids.   
With the end of winter sports, I think this week should be a bit calmer than what we have seen for a while.  At least that is my hope.   I have a few projects that I want to accomplish, and time is what I need the most!  

No comments:

Post a Comment