Thursday, February 3, 2022

He better hope it wasn’t “last”







 
After the big panic and push to have a great “last ever snow day,” Preston had a call from work.  They asked him if he wanted to cover some day shift today.  When there was money involved, snow day forgotten. He called me at work and told me he was going.  I reminded him of the hall closet project that they were supposed to do this morning and was assured that it was complete.   Off he went.  Upon his arrival at the store, the manager there told him he is doing a great job, and gave him a raise.   I’m really proud of him.  Also sort of thankful that we had a more low key day here than what he had in mind!  (Don’t tell him).  

Quincy also went into work.  That just left Harper, Saige and I to our own devices.  When I say devices, I tend to mean for me the washer and  dryer, and the dishwasher!   Harper literally played games on her phone, and Saige helped me cook.  Saige made vanilla pudding parfaits and helped me make loaded baked potato soup.   Part of why we had so much milk based stuff was that the milk Preston bought expires today! We got most of it used up, and I let the dogs have “wet” dog food before bed!   We stopped on the way home from work and got new milk for the girls breakfast.  All problems solved!

Harper went out to take care of the chickens.  Saige asked if she could take some snow pictures.   I admit that I busted out laughing when I saw this last one!   I guess she didn’t enjoy our day of cooking as much as I thought?  
Everyone is home, tucked in for the night.  Sounds like a “blow through the propane” night here!   I have already been told we are going to school tomorrow.   It’s ok though, for some reason we have Monday off!  


No comments:

Post a Comment