Monday, February 21, 2022

What else can we do today








Whenever we have a day off from school, I try to schedule appoints and run errands.  Today was no different.  I had to work, and then track down the bus boss. Quincy had practices.  Harper got her bottom braces. We scheduled a pick up from Sam’s club, and Jim had an appointment to sell Quincy’s van   We had to get all of this done and get back in time to attend the band’s parent meeting for the kids who are going to NOLA over spring break, and meet the neighbors who were dropping off some things for me.  I doubted we could get it done, but we did.  I had to call Mallory and beg her to meet the neighbors, but I got back in time to talk to them and thank them for the new additions to our farm.  

The neighbors are moving back to Minnesota.  They had to disassemble their farm, and we were the lucky recipients of a pony, a mini donkey, a doe and her baby boy goat.  

The pony is named Coco.  The donkey is Kipper.   
The momma goat is Rosie, and her baby is Tiny Juan.  We are excited to have these additions.  I remember as a kid, wanting a horse.  My dad had a horse, but he called them hay burners.  Everything on my dad’s farm had a job.  He only needed a horse to run cattle.  He didn’t mind if I rode his horse, but he didn’t need a pleasure horse around.  So I had access to a horse, but she was a working mare, and not a pet.  These are pets.  I am in heaven.  A life long dream fulfilled.  I hope Jim is as excited about it as I am!  
And now that everything is settled in for the night, I am going to bleach Quincy’s hair for state wrestling and drop into bed.   Happy, blessed, errands done, unexpected break over, and dead dog tired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment