Thursday, February 24, 2022

Aaah….Home!






We got up this morning and went back to the girl’s state tournament.  Quincy’s team had a tough day, with 3 of the 4 girls who were left losing out early.   Quincy’s friend did win and ended up taking 4th place.  The first girl’s state medalist from SFT.   It was awesome to see it happen, but the thing I liked more was seeing the team cheering her on.  

I am thankful to GG for entertaining my little work buddy. It would appear that she was still a work buddy, but doing a much different type of work. I’m sure she had fun blow drying baby calves!   I always feel bad for any creature who is born in this type of weather.  

We made it home early this evening.  There was a package waiting for Saige from my cousin Sue.  Several days ago, Saige’s class was assigned states to do a report on.  Saige wanted Wyoming, but didn’t get it.  She was very upset. I told her I had a cousin in Wyoming who she could write a letter to.  Sue not only wrote her back, but she sent her a hat, some photos and some other amazing stuff.  Saige was beyond excited.  She has now decided that the minute she graduates high school, she is moving to Wyoming.  Since I just listened to her complain about the cold when walking to our car after the wrestling tournament, I’m guessing she might move there, but she won’t enjoy their winter time!   

Carlos, Blitz and Ollie were so excited to see us! Preston took good care of all the critters while we were gone, but they missed us!   I had a great time, it was fun to get away, and I really did enjoy watching wrestling.   That being said, I know I am officially old, because I am most excited about sleeping in my own bed tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment